Low Transmission Fluid
- Can be caused by leaks
- Results in slow shifting and gear slippage
Torque Converter Issues
The torque converter pressurizes the automatic transmission fluid.
- A damaged or worn converter makes grinding sounds and affects proper operations.
- Can be caused by low fluid levels or a heavy tow load
- Overheating can make the transmission seize and often requires a Total Replacement
- Improper shifting, aggressive driving, and general abuse cause transmissions to fail
- This may be obvious. But, never ever shift a car into reverse while it is moving forward!
The solenoid controls transmission fluid flow
• Solenoid issues may be mistaken for low or leaking fluid
- Symptoms include harsh shaking and high heat levels
- Significant drop in power output is a good indication of clutch problems
- Especially important if you drive a used car
- Have a transmission specialist inspect the entire system
- Gears can wear out over time
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure gears stay in good working order
- Transmissions operate on a series of linkage connections
- Any break in the system can lead to a total transmission failure