See if you answer “YES” to any of these questions:
- Am I having trouble going forward or backwards while the gear shift is in Drive? If I am, is the vehicle stalling?
- When I press on the gas pedal, does the vehicle accelerate at a different rate or power as normally? When I attempt to accelerate does the car slip in gear or slow down?
- Are there any strange noises or do you smell a burning odor from your engine? Are there any drips or leaks coming from under your car?
- Is it difficult or impossible to shift between gears when driving?
- Do I have warning lights on my dashboard pertaining to my engine such as a check engine light or service engine soon light?
If you answered “YES” to one or more of the above, it is time to see a transmission specialist, sooner versus later.